Monday, August 1, 2011

Letter from Sudbury Gladiators to LU

"Mr Giroux:

My name is André Paquette and I am a Certified Athletic Therapist working for Lifemark Physiotherapy and the Sudbury Gladiators Football Club. I was recently informed of the closing of the Voyageur Athletic Therapy Clinic and the dismissal of my colleague, Wendy Hampson. 

Being from Sudbury, Ontario, I met with Wendy whom was fewer and far between the only Athletic Therapist within this community. She had an impact on my decision to continue my studies within the highly rewarding Athletic Therapy profession. I decided to attend the University of Winnipeg for my journey to become a Certified Athletic Therapist.

My clinical internship at the University of Winnipeg Athletic Therapy Centre, which is fully funded by the University, has allowed me to apply my knowledge, gain experience and expand my skills while under the direct supervision of Athletic Therapists, whom were my professors and future colleagues. The University of Winnipeg Athletic Therapy Centre is a teaching and treating facility, where the three Athletic Therapists at the time, and recently expanded to five Athletic Therapists, share their wealth of knowledge, thereby educating, demonstrating and allowing athletic therapy students to practice their hands-on application of techniques."

No comments:

Post a Comment