Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Newcomer Roman Will of Czech Republic has impressive resume

""I know that nothing is for sure," said Thibeau. "Being an 11th round pick, I can never afford to be complacent about anything. I definitely have to keep improving. The game is all about improving.

"I try not to worry about it too much (that the team drafted a European goaltender this summer). It's not part of my thought process right now. I obviously want to be the starter, but all I can do is focus on playing my best in camp.

"I had a busy summer training with (Wildcats athletic therapist) Graham Black (who owns the Max Health Institute in Dieppe). It was an every day schedule with good diversity. It was a combination of on- and off-ice training. We worked on things like agility, power and balance."

Moncton hit the ice yesterday with practices for goaltenders only. There will be 43 players - rookies, free agents and some veterans -- on hand for the start of evaluation camp today."

No comments:

Post a Comment