Monday, August 29, 2011

Spits prepare for future at training camp

"What may determine just how good Windsor might be will be the development of second-year players Brady Vail, Grant Webermin, Jack Campbell, Kerby Rychel and Nick Ebert.

Vail remained in Windsor for all but two weeks this summer working with Spitfires athletic therapist Joey Garland.

“I’ve reduced the percentage of my body fat by three or four per cent,” Vail said. “I’ve really focused on my footwork.

“I can feel I’m stronger and quicker on the ice.

“It’s a big year for me with it being my draft year.”

Heading into camp, Vail feels more comfortable about what to expect.

“Last year, I learned what this league was about,” Vail said.

“How certain teams like to play, what certain arenas played like.

“As the year went on, I got more comfortable. I could feel myself getting more comfortable even within games.”

Though he’s only a second-year player, Vail knows his role on the team is rapidly evolving. It’s no longer just about him getting his feet wet in a new league."

No comments:

Post a Comment