Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cammy's cut leaves Habs short

"Cammalleri's left leg was cut between the top of his shinpad and the bottom of his pants when the skate of teammate Yannick Weber sliced across it during the game against the Winnipeg Jets at the MTS Centre.

When he got to the bench, Canadiens head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend wanted to get Cammalleri to the dressing room. Only problem was, at the MTS Centre players leave the ice through the Zamboni entrance.

And the Jets were on a power play.

"The ref is there and I'm like, 'You've got to stop the play.' I know there's a power play and I'm not panicking to the point where I don't know what's going on. In this scenario you would be kicking yourself if you didn't yell at the ref and something serious happened and you needed the medical attention. I'm yelling, 'You've to stop the play, man, I've got to get off. I'm pouring here.' Seconds later, by the time I got off, there was a lot of blood. It was a little scary.

"How much blood can you lose? I've seen too many war movies where guys get sliced."

Cammalleri got sewed up -- "a lot," he replied when asked how many stitches -- and could be out for up to two weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment